THE VALUE OF COMMUNITY AND CHOICE AS WE GROW OLDER
Date: Monday, February 13
Featuring ATUL GAWANDE, MD, MPH and the author of
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End
Time: 1:00-3:30 pm
Location: Congregation B'nai Shalom, 74 Eckley Lane in Walnut Creek
Please RSVP by Thurs., Feb. 9 to reserve your space: 925-956-1990, or email: WalnutCreekVillage@gmail.com
1:00-1:15 pm, check in
1:15-2:00 pm, overview of Walnut Creek Village and membership information
2:00-3:00 pm, live webinar presentation by Village to Village Network, including keynote speaker Atul Gawande
3-3:30 pm, reception/informal Q&A
This event is free - invite your friends and family!
Would you like to help the elders in your neighborhood age safely in their own homes while staying actively engaged in the community?
We are a volunteer-run, membership-driven, grassroots, non-profit organization. As one of 150 forming and more than 250 established villages across the U.S., we provide what our members need to stay safe and comfortable in their homes.
Volunteers Needed Do you have the skills to help our members? We’re looking for:
• Drivers – to provide transportation, run errands
• Light housekeeping – 2 hours or less
• Handypersons – 2 hours or less
• Personal Finance helpers (bill paying/balancing checkbooks) – 2 hours or less
We need clerical/office volunteers, too, if that is more to your liking.
We invite you to consider what skills and talents you have to share with local seniors by volunteering with us.
• April 2017 – Volunteer Orientation and Training
• May 2017 – Walnut Creek Village Launches
• May 2017 – Services Offered to Members
Sign Up! Please let us know you’re interested:
• Send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, telephone number, email address, and the position that you’d like to volunteer for - OR -
• Phone and leave us a message with your name, telephone number, email address and the position that you’d like to volunteer for: 925.956.1990
We look forward to meeting you!
Launching Spring 2017
Walnut Creek Village is part of nationwide network of like-minded communities helping their members “age in place” – remaining in their homes, with assistance from friends, volunteers and preferred providers. Currently there are 150 active villages with 120 more in development, like us. Walnut Creek Village is a fiscally sponsored project of Community Initiatives, Tax ID# 94-32555070 .
Contributions to the Village are tax-deductible to the fullest extent permissible by law. The Walnut Creek Village is solely funded by membership fees, grants, and donations.
You may now make donations by credit card using our WeDidit powered web site.